Thursday, October 26, 2017

Quizizz

While searching for a fun resource to use in the classroom, I thought who better to ask than an educator – my mother. She told me about a website that has been working well for the children and teachers on the high school level, but could also be beneficial to middle grades aged children.

Image result for quiz memeQuizizz is a free website that allows teachers to make up their own quiz or use quizzes that other content area teachers have created. It works on all devices so the teacher has the option of allowing children to pull out their cell phones. Students are also given the opportunity to work at their own pace. While the children are engaged, it gives the teacher an opportunity to analyze how much each individual student has retained. At my mom’s school, they use this data as an actual quiz grade. Unlike Kahoot, the teacher’s host computer is not used to display the questions for the students. Instead, it shows the instructor the class’ real time results. Quizziz shows the questions and answers on the students’ devices rather than just the symbols that they would get on Kahoot. Quizizz has been more efficient in comparison.

Teachers may assign Quizzizz as an in-class activity or as homework. It works well as homework because it is not the “boring” pen and pencil work. Also, because the teacher can make up their own quiz and a lot of the shared quizzes are original, the children cannot merely look up the answers on Quizlet or Google. 

Image result for quizizz meme


253








2 comments:

  1. I really like how you reached out to a current teacher to find out what works in their classroom. I really think Quizizz would be useful in my future classroom because it is an interactive way to utilize technology with content area. This tool is useful to check for understanding, but the students may see it as a fun way to review the material and compete against their classmates. I agree with your point that it is better than just the usual pen and pencil work students are always doing in the classroom. Thanks for sharing!

    96

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this resource is really great and solves the problems I had with Kahoot! While Kahoot is fun for students and creates a competition, I have been frustrated by the fact the answers are only shown on the big screen, so if students' views are obstructed the results of the game may not be an accurate picture of their knowledge and understanding of the unit. This would also be great for students to do on their own time so class time could be used for something else.

    ReplyDelete

The Final Countdown...

“What in the world is LLED 3530?” I was completely puzzled as my advisor read the list of classes I would be taking. I remember thinking to ...