Friday, December 1, 2017

Strategy Lesson Reflection

Doing the strategy lesson on Sketching My Way Through the Text was not as intimidating as I believed it would be. Not that the strategy itself was difficult, but standing before a group of (pre-service) teachers is always a little frightening. I must admit that I felt as though I did not speak enough or go as in depth as I should have, but I do believe that the class understood the materials and the objective of the lesson. Next time, I will elaborate a little more. Also, I believe the time kind of got away from us and the actual practice was not as structured as we hoped it would be. The text was not the best example to use. However, it did show us how the strategy could be difficult to implement and ways to counteract the troubles that may arise. We should consider everything that could go wrong when planning our lesson from now on. Overall, I do believe that it went well and I appreciate the experience. I am definitely not ready to stand before a group of middle Grades students just yet. 188

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Final Countdown...

“What in the world is LLED 3530?” I was completely puzzled as my advisor read the list of classes I would be taking. I remember thinking to ...